ESTABLISHED IN 1987, THE MISSION OF THE CBC&R IS SIX FOLD:
- To provide critical support to WVU Students, particularly African American students and students of color with issues concerning recruitment and retention
- To provide the university community with cultural and social events that are unique to the African World experience
- To provide a forum for the study, research and examination of African people and societies
- To provide an educational, social and cultural support system for African and African American Students, faculty, staff, and community members
- To support the development of the state of West Virginia through education, extension and public service activities and
- To serve as an intellectual source for the study and research of African and African American culture and life.
As a result, the CBC&R will contribute to your personal growth and development by being there for you during the adjustment into University life. Students are the greatest asset to the Center, and we will do everything possible to help you reach your full potential as individual members of our academic community.